Ballast weight for pool platforms
The thermoplastic parts of Quadro have a lower density than water, so they can float. Even if the tubes are filled with water, the platforms will only be half submerged. On this page we explain how you can use different types of weights to keep your platform on the bottom of the pool.
Quadro does not supply weights. It is up to the customer to find a solution. Here are a few suggestions that may be suitable for you.
1) Fitness or diving weights
This is the simplest and most cost-effective solution.
- Use plastic, vinyl or rubber coated weights
- Place weights on the bottom plates of the pool structure
2) Plastic drums
Similar to the first option, but designed a bit more professionally.
- Use a sealable plastic drum with a maximum height of 33 cm
- Fill them with sand, gravel or other heavy material
- Place the barrels on the bottom plates of the pool structure
3) PVC pipes
This is the most professional solution. It keeps the weights out of sight, but requires more time for preparation.
- Fill PVC pipes with a high density material
- Insert tubes into the Quadro tubes at the base of the platform
Contact us for detailed instructions.
Removing the platform from the pool
- Remove the weights
- Move the platform to the side of the pool
- Push the platform out of the water
- Do not pull it out of the water by the handrail or substructure
- Do not drag the platform on the floor
This table shows the estimated weights for each pool platform. The actual weight may vary slightly depending on some factors:
- Type of water
- Platform shape
- Percentage of the platform that is under water
- Number of aluminum reinforcement tubes used
|600116||Clam + R||Open||20|
|600118/9||Mussel + R||Open||40|
|610116||Clam + R||Closed||25|
|610118/9||Mussel + R||Closed||50|